Saturday, November 16, 2013

Preschool

Ali has officially been in school for 2 weeks now, I've been meaning to post about it since her first day, but it's been really rough on me.  I think I can finally post about it and not cry.
Since Aliyah has Down Syndrome she qualifies for a special needs preschool.  It is run at the elementary school here in town, right by our church house.  She goes 4 days a week for 2 1/2 hours a day.
I'm not going to lie, the first day was ROUGH for me!  Actually the first day I found out she would go to preschool was rough... the meetings with the school were rough, the days before preschool were rough... see the pattern?


Here she is all ready to go to school, cute as can be.  She did great and was happy to go.  I cried before I dropped her off, while I dropped her off and after I dropped her off (and of course I ran into a bunch of people I know).  The second day I did better, but she cried... so then I cried.  I seriously though about not taking her back.  She's my little buddy, my sidekick.  I miss her when she's gone!
But then things got better.  She has the BEST teacher.  I'm pretty sure she gets spoiled.  She's always being carried around when I go to pick her up from school.  She likes to go now and I have to admit I can get a lot done in 2 1/2 hours when I don't have a little tornado following me! :)  I still miss her like crazy though.

Also I have the most beautiful picture hanging on my fridge.  It's hard to see in the picture, but she 'colored' it.  I know it sounds stupid, but when you try to have kids for 10+ years you really appreciate the little things.  I love everything and anything that proves I am a Mom... even if it's crying at the school!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

John and Anna said...

I cry when my kids have to leave me for any amount of time. I completely understand that. :-) You are a great mamma Celeste with such a sweet beautiful little girl.