Friday, March 01, 2013

Oxygen...Friend or Enemy?


Poor Ali... I pulled off her oxygen stickers today and her cute little cheeks are all red and started bleeding.  I tried to soak them off in the tub, but the little buggers are sticky! 

This is her oxygen equipment for when we are home.  There is a 10 ft oxygen line from the blue thing to the white, then another 10 ft from the white thing to Ali's face line.  The face line is 7 ft.  So, added all up, that gives her about 27 feet of freedom.  In case anyone was wondering, our house is bigger than 27 feet.  Due to this fact and her bloody cheeks I made the executive decision to not make Ali wear her oxygen today.  She has been so happy and active today without it!  I'll put it back on her tonight when I can't monitor her closely.

These are our other oxygen 'friends'.  The little ones are for when we leave the house (the big ones for if the power goes out and her blue thing stops working).  Perhaps it's a blessing she isn't walking yet, because that would definately be harder!  Although I hate that Ali has to be on oxygen I am thankful that it's available for her.  I'll be even more thankful when the doctor says she's done! :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: