Thursday, February 28, 2013

RSV


Ali and I just got home from a 'fun' 2 night stay at the hospital.  On Tuesday Ali slept the entire day and wouldn't eat or drink, so I called my Dad (he's a DR) and he said to take her into the ER to get an IV and test for RSV.  So, in we went... this first picture is Ali and me waiting for the RSV test results.

The RSV test came back positive, and Ali's oxygen levels were low, so we were admitted into the hospital.  The exact same tiny, odd-shaped room we were in almost exactally 2 years ago.  I think Ali's face sums up how we were all feeling at this point.

Stuart was great and took over for me on Wednesday so I could come home and sleep for a bit and not go completely crazy.  He was able to take his laptop in and work from the hospital, being self-employed does have some benefits!  Also, thank goodness for an Ipad. 

Grandma Cutler and Aunts Heidi and Annaka stopped by and brought some entertainment.  Thanks guys!

In my opinion, this is the only good thing about being in the hospital (although I am thankful for modern medicine and the fact that we have hospitals and doctors).  These mugs are awesome though!

We got a 'hall-pass' and took Ali on a little wheel-chair ride through the hospital.  She loved it and would giggle like crazy.

Mom and Ali having their second sleepover.

Now we are home (with oxygen).  It's so great to be back!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

sydney b. said...

Oh no I'm so sorry! I hate the hospital. I'm so glad you are home now. Give that cute little one a big hug and kiss for me.

John and Anna said...

Ugh! I'm sorry. Glad you are home now though. She's so cute! Even with all those tubes!

Helen said...

That's kinda scary that she slept all day and wouldn't eat much. Glad you called your dad and you got into the hospital.