Thursday, May 14, 2009

Boo on Insurance

That's right... boo on insurance. I recently went to the U of U to see a fertility doctor, and found out I need to have an MRI and some blood-work done. So, I called my my lovely insurance (that I PAY for every month). Not only were they rude to me, they wouldn't give me any straight answers. They kept asking if I was infertile. Now, my insurance won't cover any infertility treatments but they will cover anything that is diagnostic. I kept explaining to this woman that niether the MRI or the blood-work would get me pregnant. So, it didn't really matter why I was having them, they were not to treat infertility. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Needless to say, I am anxiously awaiting a call back from Natalie. Boo on insurance.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I understand....I was in a car accident and have "good" insurance, so my school says, and I still have to pay over $500 dollars. I'm thinking, what about the $350 I pay you every month, what do you do with all that money- then I realize..... I pay there salaries, oh, yeah, that need that BMW and $100.00 per meal plates. YOUR WELCOME, ITS MY PLEASE !!! I desire to scream when I politely talk to them on the phone, of course, after holding 'til the cows came home and the creek dried up. Its tyrany??? Its legal tyrany!!!! I just want to scream....but I don't because, well, they won't help you at all. In the big picture, its just funny how we still pay for it....if not in medical bills, phone bills, gas bills- driving tither and fro. I'm sorry your having issue with your insurance (IWYI)- life stinks- that' why God made flowers. Go smell some, flowers always make me smile.