Monday, April 15, 2013

Beautiful

I watched this music video today and was reminded of the long road we have traveled to parenthood.  After trying to have a baby for 3 years, we found out I was pregnant in  2006, I was due to have our baby on August 9th, 2007.  I never made it to my first doctor's appointment.  On Christmas Day 2006 I started bleeding and we lost our baby on New Years Eve.  I did get to have an ultrasound in between those dates to see if I was miscarrying.  We got to hear our sweet little baby's heartbeat and see the little bean on the monitor.  I wish I had asked for a print out.  That was by far the darkest time in my life.  
Then in 2010 we got our baby.  We didn't go through the traditional channels of adoption, and we did everything backwards.  But, in the end we got a beautiful baby girl who has filled our lives with happiness.  Going to family functions became fun again and I finally felt as though I fit in with other women my age.  
Adoption is such a blessing and we will forever be grateful to our birthmom for giving us the greatest gift we have ever received.

No comments: