Friday, April 25, 2008

Surgery Update


First of all, I would like to thank everyone that was so kind to me during my surgery. This picture is of some of the flowers and cards that were sent to me. I would like to thank Whit for dinner (even though she was out of town) and the flowers. Thanks to mom for the flowers, lunch and picking up my perscription. Thanks to Stuart of course, for putting up with me, taking care of me, and the beautiful roses! :) And thanks to everyone for all the supportive emails, phone calls and prayers.
The surgery went well. My nurses were so kind and considerate about my feelings. I cried all the way to the hospital, and during all of the pre-op stuff. But, once the nurse got my IV in (she even numbed my hand) I did ok. I had to wait a little bit for the room, since they had a contamination problem, but once I was in the room, it all went very smoothly. They just gave me a small dose of anathesia - so I didn't have to have a breathing tube or any of that. But it was enough for me not to remember any of it. One of the nurses in the operating room used to be my visiting teacher, so that was very nice to know someone in there. When I woke up, I was still in the operating room, but they were just cleaning me up. I was up and walking within a half hour, then I got to go home about an hour later. They gave me some lovely pills called Vicodin. They make me sleepy, but they sure help out with the pain.
I also got my results from my biopsy back today. It was benign. No cancer or pre-cancer. It was a fibrosis. So, that is good news. I'm very happy that this whole ordeal is over and that everything is going well. Thanks again for everything! I really appreciate all the love and support!

3 comments:

Dallas said...

You contaminated your operating room?.... Celeste, Celeste... when will you learn...

The Seare Family said...

Celeste I am glad to hear that all went well and you are ok. I am sorry you had to go through it!

The Drapers said...

Hi it's Lesley.. We had no idea any of this was going on.. Glad everything turned out ok.. I am with you on the whole surgery and hospital thing.. Absolutely hate it.. Let us know if you need anything.