Sunday, May 09, 2010

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all you Mother's out there. Especially to my own mom and Stuart's. We hope your Mother's Day is great!
For those of you who are easily offended, stop reading now. The rest of this post is for those like me, who hate this holiday.... as this is my 7th Mother's Day without children.
Now..... for all of us who aren't mother's...........
I wish you all a happy day also! For those of us who aren't lucky enough to have children, here are some of the things we can appreciate on this depressing day.

* Not waking up all night to crying
* Being able to do whatever we want whenever we want
* Having our husbands to ourselves
* Basically living less-expensive lives
* Not having stretch marks!
* Being able to leave the house with only our purse ... not 10 million other things
* Sleeping in
* Staying out late
* Not having to work around a child's nap schedule
* A heck of a lot less vaccuming
* Not changing dirty diapers
* Watching a movie as loud as we want without fear of waking up any children
* Let's face it, vacations are more fun without kids
* Not having to wonder if our kids are ugly :)
* Not having to wonder if we are good parents

Now I realize that those of you with children could make an equally impressive list of great reasons to have children. However, this post is intended to make me feel better on this depressing day. Oh, and thanks to Stuart for making this day bearable by not making us go to church and for making me feel special with breakfast in bed! :)

6 comments:

Abbey and Matt said...

This is why I love you Celeste! We really should have gotten together today!

Whitney said...

Did half of that list come from your experience with Howie? :)

Celeste said...

Ha ha Whit, no.... I love your girls! :)

Holen's Hoping to Adopt! said...

I love the list. Those are the things I miss having.
If it makes you feel any better, I had a miserable mother's day too.
I had to go to church because I teach primary. My husband works on Sunday's, so I have to juggle Lilly (who refuses to go to nursery) and 8 five year olds with no help. The icing on the cake was when someone came up to me and excitedly said, "Oh, you are expecting! How wonderful" Nope. I am not expecting. I am just fat, but thanks for pointing it out in front of a bunch high priests.

Dallas said...

Sorry you had a bad day. No one got me anything for Mother's day either. :(

I'm glad I was able to brighten up the end of it with "Homeless Idhrenion and his Crazy Adventures in Dalaran"©!

Ang said...

Very Funny Celeste, and very true. I'm personally not a big fan of the holiday either. ;)